[access-uk] nokia n86 e-mail

  • From: "david pritchard" <wd.pritchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:14:45 -0000

Hi list,

I'm in the process of learning to use a nokia 86 with talks 5.01. I set up the
e-mail using the wizard and everything worked fine. At this point I realized
how many emails I receive a day!. since deleting seems to involve around half a
dozen key presses, maintain the emails would keep me permanently busy. I tried
using pc-suit to synchronize the phone with my desk top (windows 7 64 bit and
windows live mail) only to find that wlm is not supported. I then decided to
set up a new email account using the option within BT-internet to be used for
the phone alone. I tried to change the username and password  using
menu/tools/settings/email. I found I could change the username but not the
password  ( the option did not appear to be there). My phone is still receiving
emails using the original account! I am baffled - any ideas? How do you
relaunch the email wizard once an account has been set up?

Dave