[access-uk] Re: iTunes...I want it gone

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:52:00 +0100

Hi Mike,

Your Pi should play M4A I believe.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
Tel: +44(0)1438-742286
Mob: +44(0)7956-334938
Fax: +44(0)1438-759589
Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.comproom.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael A Ray
Sent: 22 June 2013 14:44
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: iTunes...I want it gone

Steve,

First of all I didn't know that M4A is a loss-less compression codec.
So that explains one of the reasons to want to convert to MP3.

Second is that with a back-up of all the M4A files conversion to MP3 it
doesn't mean I have to delete the original M4A files.
And lastly I don't know whether I have any other device that will play
M4A files.

I haven't yet taken the plunge into Android.  If mpd on onre of my
Raspberry Pi computers will handle M4A then I will dedicate a Pi to
playing them.

Other than that I was intending to use my Victor Stream which won't play
M4A (I think).

Mike