[access-uk] gps on symbian mobiles

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 01:42:41 +0100

Hi all.
I am interested in getting GPS for my Nokia 6630.
I know that Talks works with Wayfinder but I understand that you can get
directions about a route with wayfinder but not just explore your area.
So, if I am staying in a hotel as I understand it, I can't find out what points
of interest are around me then find a route to them.  If this is correct,
this is clearly a limitation so I have 2 questions.
1 is WayFinder likely to add the explore my area type feature to it's
capability and secondly, are systems like TomTom in its various guises likely
to be
accessible to phones running TALKS soon?
Regards

Graham Page

Mobile: 07753 607980
Fax:  0870 706 2773