[access-uk] Re: getting a talking book out of a dead machine?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 21:41:48 -0000

Simon, strip it, that would be Ian's solution trust me (smile).

He would have every screw and component lined up in a neat order on the carpet,
kneeling down in a corner as he did it.  Then he would come through to me and
say: "Here you go, that's your talking book."  Then he would kneel again and
put it all back together.  I must say I've always marvelled at his ability to
do that sort of work without sighted assistance.

Go for it.  If it's blown up, you've nothing to lose anyway (smile).

Good luck.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx
Skype Name: Cairnsplace