[access-uk] Re: eBay help wanted

  • From: "Mike Higgins" <m.j.higgins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:07:37 +0100

Martin and Simon,

To ensure that this thread keeps within list rules and talks "strictly"
about access issues (smile) I can confirm that as someone who has traded for
many years on EBay (as mike_at_new_perspectives) they are hopeless at
customer service, especially hopeless at getting access issues and
unresponsive about their appallingly laid-out and designed website (from a
screenreader user's perspective anyway).

If you do launch a petition let me know and I will do my best to spread the
word and help.  US operators trading in the UK still have to comply with UK
laws and for that matter US laws too if they trade and are based there.  The
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is if anything stronger than the
Equality Act, so let's not give up on making EBay take notice, as Visually
Impaired People have had a number of important legal victories using that
Act.

Best wishes,

Mike Higgins,
Email: m.j.higgins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: 1 Portland Court, Sheffield, S6 3EW, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 114 2258676
Fax: + 44 (0) 704 308 3328
Mobile: +44 (0) 7956 856060
Skype: mikehiggins63