[access-uk] Re: celleron processors

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:31:09 +0200

Hello Graham,

I have had no burning issues with intel celeron or amd duron processors to speak of. Slightly less cache on cellerons over the p4, but didn't effect performance as far as I was aware.

Best,
Joe

At 18:41 26/09/2006 +0100, you wrote:
Hi all.

will JAWS, supernova or Window-eyes work on a PC with a celleron processor or should they be avoided at all costs.

Generally I have suggested a pentium 4 or AMD equivalent is required as a minimum but this is only to be on the safe side.

I know there are system requirements listed on websites for products but it's useful to find out from others what will and won't work.

I have been asked about a PC from EuroPC with a 3.06 GHZ Celleron processor and 512 MB of RAM.

There is integrated graphics on the PC but it should be possible to find a cheap graphics card so that system ram is not taken up. it's just a case of whether the celleron will work.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493