[access-uk] Re: advice required regarding up-to-date information on hotpoint washing machine instruction manuals in alternative formats

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:35:10 +0100

Hi Graham,

As you say, audio is a must for those who can not read Braille due to problems of loss of sensitivity in their fingers.

however after writing the message to which you replied I made some telephone calls and it turns out that Hotpoint have had manuals produced in Braille by the RNIB, but I am not certain if they have had a manual for our particular machine produced in that format.

I take your point about .PDF format, however this would be as useless as CD if, as carol does, you want the ability to read the manual as you are operating the machine. If you want to do that, you would need, a Braille book you could place on the worktop above the machine would you not agree?

Alexander Shannon