[access-uk] Re: advice required regarding up-to-date information on hotpoint washing machine instruction manuals in alternative formats

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:19:25 +0100

Hi Christine,

Getting the Braille panel was easy, although we did not request it, as Hotpoint initially substituted the Braille Panel for the Braille instructions we had ordered.

As to Braille instructions, that depends on which washing machine you have.

In my case, Hotpoint said at first they would provide them, but as I have said, they found they could not and I had to speak to RNIB to get them, luckily, another Visually Impaired customer had sent in the manual some time last year to be Brailed and all RNIB will have to do is run off another copy but it will take about 3 weeks.

The best advice I can give is to contact the RNIB helpline and they will put you in contact with the correct part of the RNIB at Peterborough to sort this out, I think the department you need is the library team, or something like that, but you will need to know the manufacturer and model number of your machine.

I hope this helps, although I apologise for not being certain of the exact department you require at Peterborough.

Alexander Shannon