[access-uk] adjusting date/time on Simbian Based Phones without sight

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:34:03 -0000

Found this that Steve wrote a few years ago.

Just ran with it on my phone and then plugged the phone in and got it connect
to my pc suite and talks up and running now.  All without sighted help.

grins

This describes how to adjust the date/time on Simbian based phones without
vision.

This is useful when installing access software such as Talks as the software is
signed with a security signature.

I find the quickest way to set time and date is to reformat the phone if
you
have already updated the firmware Type *#7370#, then Key1, then 12345
followed by Key1.  This is the lock code.  Wait for the phone to reboot,
then type immediately, lon into the first field, which sets the city to
London, then Key1, then type in the current time, then Key1 then the =
current
date in 09022007 format, no spaces or anything, then Key1 again, then =
wait
for about a minute for the phone to install bits from the hard disk.  =
Now
you should be able to install Talks.

The only difficulty is if your phone defaults to setting the software to
signed only.  Then you really won't be able to do it without sight, or I
have not found a reliable way of doing it.