[access-uk] Zoom H1

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 18:05:32 +0100

Hi everybody, my Zoom H1 and accessory pack arrived today. As Eliot said it's a
lovely little recorder, not much bigger than a remote control. The buttons are
very well defined and easy to feel. When I'd listened to the Neil Ewers podcast
he'd said the buttons were very small, which concerned me a bit, but they're
not. To give you an idea the buttons are about the size of the on/off button on
the victor stream, maybe even slightly bigger. The three buttons on the back,
for low cut, auto gain and record format are bigger still.
  It takes a micro SD card, which caught me out as they'd sent a standard one.
It just pushes into the spring loaded slot, just like on the stream. The card
though is a fraction of the size of the one the stream takes. When the guy in
the shop showed the micro SD card to me I was amazed at how tiny it was.
  I'll go and have a play with it now, and poste an update later.
                    John.