[access-uk] Re: Windows 7 question

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:25:47 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Martin,

you might find these two guides of some use. They are both written specifically
for jaws users, but most of them is also applicable to users of other screen
readers.
Windows 7 Taskbar guide, which includes the start menu, taskbar buttons and
notification area:
http://bit.ly/cJ37BN
Windows 7 Explorer guide:
http://bit.ly/9m6XRs

I would echo what Bob said about the usefulness of the search box in the
windows
7 start menu.

David.

original messge:
Hi folks  I've just started with windows 7. First impressions is I don't like
the start menu, explorer and control panel view. Is there a way to change to
the
'classic' view, I've tried digging around but can't find the controls to do
this
if it is at all possible. It was easy to find in XP but I'm at a loss so far
with windows 7. I've tried loading the XP mode but it seems that it is a
virtual
screen which jaws cannot access.
Thanks Martin