[access-uk] Re: the sky talker

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 08:21:32 -0000

Hi Brian.

Sky talker is a small module which you connect to your sky box and which provides spoken output for visually impaired users. Its principle function is to announce the name of the channel you are on and details of the program you are watching. It has been criticized by many as providing inadequate accessibility, but its a good start though with a £70 price tag, you might want to consider whether its worth the cost.

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: <brian_dalton@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Holdstock Ing"peterholdstockthemsnddcom0Ing
To:  Ing"access-ukthefreelistsddorg0Ing
Date: Sunday, 31 Oct 2010 13.02.05

0
0
0 How are you turning it off? It goes in to standby itself when you turn your 0 sky box off. I've worked out that my settings stay unless I unplug the box 0 in which case it resets, but I can't see why you'd want to unplug it as it
0 only uses a tiny bit of power when in standby, if any at all.
0
0 peter
0 Ing--------------------------------------------------Ing
0 From: "John Gallagher" Ing"johnthechessplayerdddemonddcodduk0Ing
0 Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 12.29 PM
0 To: Ing"access-ukthefreelistsddorg0Ing
0 Subject: [access-uk] the sky talker
0
0 0 Hi Wonder if there is a way to save your settings on the talker.
0 0 when I switch back on I have to keep turning the talker volume up. thanks.
0 0
0 0 ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
0 0 ** Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggunsubscribewithIng
0 0 ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0 0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng
0 0 ** and in the Subject line type
0 0 ** unsubscribe
0 0 ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
0 0 ** immediately-following link:-
0 0 ** Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggfaqwithIng
0 0 ** or send a message, to
0 0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng with the Subject:- faq
0 0
0 0
0 ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
0 ** Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggunsubscribewithIng
0 ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng
0 ** and in the Subject line type
0 ** unsubscribe
0 ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
0 ** immediately-following link:-
0 ** Ingofmailtoccaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgensubjectggfaqwithIng
0 ** or send a message, to
0 ** Ingaccess-uk-requestthefreelistsddorgIng with the Subject:- faq