[access-uk] Re: Vodafone Mobile Broadband

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:27:40 +0100

HI Barbara
I've used Vodafone mobile broadband by using my N95 8gb as a modem and also
have their Dell Netbook deal for £25 per month which gives 1gb monthly
download. In good 3G areas it works well. I'm going from memory here but I
think it transfers at 456m/bits/sec or so.ON the higher band HPSA or something
like that it's even faster.
Once connected it's much better than direct dial, but not quite as fast as
standard broadband. Still good for video and audio streaming however.
Gordon McFarlane