[access-uk] Re: VStreamnew gen and audio files problem

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 18:18:07 -0000

Sandra, many thanks for your help. Yes they are .m4a files (MPEG4 audio files) and they are supported by both the old Stream and the new generation one. Actually, these same files play without a problem on my old Stream. In spite of what Humanware says, these are not unusual files.

In case you’re wondering, I downloaded these two BBC programs using get_iplayer. I now convert all BBC programs to MP3 formats as a work around.

The problem should become apparent once you press either the forward or rewind buttons to move five seconds.

Cheers,
Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Whizza
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:07 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: VStreamnew gen and audio files problem

Hi Amro,
These files have an m4a extension. Thought you said they were MP3 files.
Does the Stream support M4A files? If this is as it should be, I'll
download one and try it out and report back to you.

Cheers,
Sandra.