[access-uk] Re: VStreamnew gen and audio files problem

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 18:20:04 -0000

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, 128 bitrate being a high bitrate is utter rubbish. I have another problem but with MP3 files where Stream is reporting the playtime incorrectly. So a 30 minute long file is reported as 60 minute long and this affects file navigation too. Humanware said that this was due to a bug in the software with variable bitrate audio files. The problem happens on the old Stream and it persists on the new generation one too. If you want to see for yourself download any episode from the Astronomycast podcast www.astronomycast.com.

I do love my Stream and think it’s a brilliant piece of kit but I think Humanware should get their act together. Those sorts of bugs are a disgrace really.

Cheers
Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Whizza
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2015 4:14 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: VStreamnew gen and audio files problem

Hi again Amro,
It's not your Stream. I got exactly the same result on mine. I waited for
the signature tune and pressed the forward key, that's the one to the right
of the play button just to make sure we're on the same page, and all it did
was go back to the beginning of the signature tune. Not a chance of going
forward at all. The back key did just the same.
That's rubbish! A lot of my files are 128 and if I can't play them properly
on the Stream, I'll have to have words with Humanware too. It certainly
isn't a high bit rate by any means. I could understand if they were 320 but
they're not.
At least we know where we stand now.

Cheers,
Sandra.