[access-uk] Re: VR Stream V Plextalk Pocket

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:07:09 +0100

I am not sure which    bit is difficult insetting up the Plextalk with audible.

All I had to do was
1. Select the plextalk as the device within Audible
download manager.
2. When I inserted my SD card into my computer I needed to type the Plextalk
serial number into the Audible  application. You  can  get the Plextalk to read
out its serial number by pressing the 5 key a few times.
That is it. After that every time I buy and download an Audible book it
transfers automatically to the SD card ad well for reading with no need for any
  further action or intervention on my part. All I have to do is insert the SD
from my Player to the computer and put it back again after the automatic
transfer

I feel I should make a few words of defence for the ∏ Plextalk .  .
I have both the first and second  generation Victor Reader Streams and both
first and second generation Pocket Plextalks as well
The VRS Radio certainly connects faster but I have also   found it has just  as
much,, if not problems, with buffering as the Plextalk. Incidentally for those
struggling to connect to   a radio with the Plextalk ; try connecting to an
adjoining station, for some reason this seems to break the waiting sequin and
navigating back to the first desired  station often results   in a more rapid
connection. Neither VRS or Plextalks outperform my iPhone for radio but they
are both certainly moor convenient  that than using Tune in Radio.  .  . .
Personally in general I find the Plextalk devices far superior to both VRS
models, particularly in relation to Audio quality. I accept that my hearing is
impaired but interestingly learnt that apparently the ∏ audio chips is are
objectively of a better quality on the lextalks  than than those  provided in
the VRS models. However if sound quality and appropriate volume is not an issue
for you in your player then the VRS does provide probably more bangs  for bucks.

David Griffith
David Griffith