[access-uk] Re: User Account Control in Vista

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:45:38 -0000

Thanks James (and also to George) for the clarification.  I can see what is
meant in Security
terms, but initially I thought that it was being claimed that Vista and XP are
effectibvely the
same in all other respects.

Having said that i have read of UAC being blamed for problems occurring in
certain software
instalations, and I wondered whether my problems with a Hal 10 demo were in
that category.
It now appears that a bad download of the installer was probably responsible.
I have
downloaded a new copy which is some 40 mb larger than the one I had been using,
and
hope to fare better when I try it later.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison