[access-uk] Re: Ultracane or K Sonar?

  • From: "ron sears" <r.sears1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:57:54 +0100

What is wrong with just using a long cane?  I used an ordinary white walking
stick when I first lost my sight fifty four years ago and a long cane from
QAC since 1976, cost about £35.  I think these sonic devices are overrated
and far too expensive.  My advice is to get one of these long canes from QAC
and wait for your guide dog.  Good luck with whichever you choose.

Regards

Ron