[access-uk] Re: Ultracane or K Sonar?

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:52:16 +0100

I know a couple of people who are long cane users and tried the ultra cane
and they did not like it, or at least did not think it was worth the money.

I am sceptical about becoming too reliant on electronic equipment for
navigation I must say.  things like a GPS system like Trekker could help but
this is very much a secondary aid as it gives more information about street
names and local places of interest rather than helping you navigate the
streets safely.  I suppose though you can only really get a propper opinion
by trying out the product.

Regards

Graham