[access-uk] Re: Twitter question

  • From: "Emma Tracey" <Emma.Tracey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:43:07 +0100

Hi Catherine

If someone is not following you, you can reply to their Tweet but are
unable to send them what is known as a DM, or direct message.

I am not familiar with the mobile site but have heard that some of the
buttons are not marked, so maybe the reply button is one of these.
There are some options.  If you use the main site, the reply button is
certainly labelled.  Alternatively there are two other things you could
try.

Easychirp.com is a cut down, more accessible version of the Twitter
site.  You might find this prefferrable.  Or if you use a screen reader,
there is a very useful Twitter client called Qwitter.

I could chat about Qwitter all day, but if this is something you want to
try, do an internet search for "Qwitter Twitter client", download it and
then then be sure to read the readme document.  This This document goes
through the basics of Twitter as well so should help you on your way.

I hope this is useful and that you manage to send your message.

Emma