[access-uk] Re: Total recorder versus goldwave?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:56:20 +0100

Hi Amro and Chris,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Total Recorder and am wondering whether you are both using Total Recorder with its own driver. I ask this because I never got on with its driver, but would want to be able to record a stream without hearing Skype etc.

Any comments would be most welcome.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:46 AM (UK time), Amro Bilal at amro_bilal@xxxxxxx said:

I only tried both apps very briefly., But I noticed one thing, Chris.
When I recorded a BBC radio stream using Total Recorder, only the stream was
captured. My screen reader's speech and the Skype call conversation I
was having at the time wasn't. That's good! Perhaps both apps can be
configured to do that? Goldwave recorded everything...

Cheers,
Amro