[access-uk] Re: To Mike Moore about setting up yahoo mail in OE

  • From: Andrew Summers <asummers14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:51:31 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Mike,
Is it a free yahoo web account?
Try this below!
HTH

Andrew

In order to read your Yahoo! Mail an external email client (such as Eudora,
Outlook, Netscape, etc.), you will need to configure the Incoming (POP) and
Outgoing (SMTP) server settings so that it can send and receive messages from
your Yahoo! Mail account. Generally, you can find these settings under the
Tools or Preferences menus for your particular email program.

Important: Do not delete your incoming mail settings

If you are already receiving mail from another mail server (such as incoming
mail to your address at your ISP), you will need to add a new POP account.
Sometimes this is called a new "profile," sometimes a new "personality,"
depending on your email client. If your email client only allows you to receive
mail from one POP server at a time, make sure you write down your current
settings before you replace them with Yahoo! Mail settings so that you can
change
them back if you need to. Below you will find the server settings for accessing
your Yahoo! Mail.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Server Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3):
pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):
smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Username:

Email address:

We've given directions below for configuring POP access to Yahoo! Mail for
selected email clients. Your client may not be on this list, and server settings
vary from client to client. Remember, even after you configure your mail client
to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages, you can always log in to your
Yahoo! Mail account to send and receive as well.

For more detailed information on how to set up a particular mail client, please
visit:

list of 5 items
• Setting up Netscape Mail
• Setting up Microsoft Outlook
• Setting up Microsoft Outlook Express
• Setting up Eudora Pro
• Setting up another email client
list end

To subscribe to my CALIBREBooks list send a blank email to
CALIBREBooks-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx