[access-uk] Re: Thank you posts

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:20:31 +0100

Barry, I don't intend to prolong this thread longer than necessary, but your
ruling re. distinguishing new threads from on-going ones is noted.

Given that, in some cases, screen readers are not necessarilly picking up the
subject as you quickly skim through messages, to have a line that says simply
'thanks' or whatever, leaves you wondering, 'thanks for what?'  It was a waiste
of time reading it too, and maybe not even the person who the thankyou is meant
for actually knows it is they who are being thanked!

Sometimes I wonder if common, recurrent questions couldn't be put in the common
list space, if we have any on Freelist, or put up on a website somewhere.
Maybe that's another thread, (smile).
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx