[access-uk] Re: Text to audio transcription?

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:16:49 -0000

HI.

there are good text to audio softwares one is text aloud from:

wwww.nextup.com

the other is:

text to audio
wwww.premierprogramming.

you will need a good OCR scanning package to scan the notes into the pc.  This
of course hinges on whether the notes are in computer print.  If they aren't,
you won't get very far as handwritten text does not usually translate well with
OCR.

I believe the RNIB and other organisations/businesses may be able to help too.

hth
Hope to hear from you soon.

from Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks.

if you're interested in discussing everything soft toy animal related, please
visit my group at:

http://groups.msn.com/thesofttoyanimalcollectorsgroup

please visit my website:

www.martin-wilsher.co.uk