[access-uk] Text to audio transcription?

  • From: Angela Bartram <maudlinmertle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:09:47 +0000 (GMT)

i work for a local visually impaired society, and one of our service users has
asked us if we can put some course materials (around 50 pages worth of notes
produced by the various students in different fonts etc with diagrams) onto an
audio cd only. He says his computer is ancient and he can't use it any more,
and doesn't want tape because he is worried it will wear out and snap after
repeated plays , rewinding and fast forwardingetc.
  Nobody at work seems to know the best way to tackle this problem, but i am
determined to do what I can to help- please PM if you want more info, or can
tell me how to progress- we do have reasonable access to equipment that can
help, but not at present, large scale transcription equipment....Sorry for
being stupid....hope you can advise a bit.

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.