[access-uk] Re: Tesco

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:46:36 +0100

Peter,
While I partly  agree with you  it's important that we take
In to account  that one size  does not fit all.

The access site, was not  just for the  benefit of the blind,
visually  impaired.   It was also  for the benefit of anyone that
Wanted the  screen  less  cluttered.

In some ways,  this is like Why do the banks  allow
People  to  opt out of  chip and  PIN ?
Tose that are not  disabled,  cannot opt out
But those that  are disabled are allowed  to have
Chip  and  signature,  why?

It's because  there are  some disabled people that just
Cannot manage  a PIN.

So  the same sort of  thinking is surely  just as true
With  internet  shopping,  some people want things
Very  easy  to use.

Regards,  Derek