[access-uk] Re: TV sets.

  • From: "Jim" <dodgyheadlights64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 18:07:22 -0000

Hi Saqib,
Below is a list of TV's that are supposed to have the voice guide in them, however you need to make sure when you look up a particular range on the Samsung site, which size you are actually looking at. Even if you look up a 40 inch model via something like Google, when you arrive on the Samsung site, you are automatically on the largest version of the model. You then have to go down the page and look for the size variations, and select the one you are interested in. Then you go down to specifications, then more specifications, and finally accessibility, and if it says something like, voice guide in 17 countries, then you are in luck.
Quick example, the tv I bought is the Samsung UE49KU6400. the 49 in the model refers to the screen size. It also comes in 40, 43, 55 and 65 inches, however the 40 inch model is the only one that does not have the voice guide.
Finally, the below list was sent to me after I had already purchased my new telly, and I do not know the sizes in the other series' that have the voice guide. There may be others available that I do not have in the list, but this will get anyone interested started.

KU6000, KU6020, KU6100, KU6400, KU6450, KU6470, KU6500, KU6510,
KU6640, KU6650, KU6670, KU6680, KS7000, KS7500, KS8000, KS9000, KS9500,
 KS9800.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Jim.
-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Brown
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 5:38 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TV sets.

Hi Saqib

This is exactly what I am in the process of finding out. Jim gave me some invaluable pointers over the weekend, so I have started to take more interest given the amount of accessibility there is in these sets now.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Email: Jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info