[access-uk] Re: TV sets.

  • From: "Jim" <dodgyheadlights64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 18:05:36 -0000

Hi Sandra,
I just got rid of my Panasonic talking tv, in favour of a new Samsung model. I have to say, I'm very impressed with all that the Samsung speaks, and now including a bunch of 3rd party aps, including Netflix. Although that now speaks, I haven't found out how to activate the audio description on the site through the telly. The newer Panasonic tv's are less accessible than the original 2012 model I just got rid of. The model I got was the Samsung UE49KU6400, and as I said, everything speaks, all the menues, settings, tv guide, sources, and even when I record direct from the telly onto an external hard drive, all is read out. Lastly, I stuck a bunch of movies from my pc onto the drive, plugged it into the telly, and I was informed that the drive had been connected, and if I would like to browse the files, and it read the names of all the movies, very cool.
Billy from Scotland, who is on this list, might still have a list of the other Samsung models that have the voice guide feature, that he could share, as sadly I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Regards.
Jim.

-----Original Message----- From: Sandra Heaton
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 5:38 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] TV sets.

Hi All,

My Samsung TV has died of death now. Does anyone know of an accessible or fairly accessible TV. I have heard of the Panasonic but not sure if they are in use any more. Has anyone got any ideas for a good TV??

Thank you.

sandra.** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to

---