[access-uk] Re: Storage

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:07:46 +0000

Hi BJ.

i feel the same when trusting the cloud with my personal files. i never put anything personal on there. i've got multiple drives so i have backups of all my most important files in multiple places to which i have access. At least you know for certain who's got access to what, and at least you have a physical backup instead of a backup held by some company which may or may not go bust in future. Personally i only use the cloud for files which i either want to share with people or to make things more convenient for me if i'm working in multiple locations. call me parranoyed but... is big brother watching?

all the best,

Mo.

On 23/01/2013 18:39, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi,

Maybe I am paranoid but "the cloud" seems a tad odd. I mean. who owns
the information? copyright etc? apart from this, it seems that Dropbox
only allows 500GB which isn't enough.

BJ

On 23/01/2013, jeff flint<jeffflint15@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Personally I really like Drop-Box.
Apart from its accessibility it makes file sharing so simple.
I have lots of relatives in Australia we constantly share audio files.
Jeff