[access-uk] Sonata Radio

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:50:51 +0100

Hi all

My Sonata arrived today and is now working wirelessly and I am generally
very happy with it.  Adding stations is straightforward, although I have not
looked at podcasts as yet.

Looking for tonight's cricket in the live events section needed to be done
by trial and error, ass there are 20 channels and you have to go through
them all until you find the one you want.  Tonight, mine was number 13 so it
could have been worse.

Could one of you Sonata users take me through the procedure of adding ACB
radio to either the stations list or the podcasts?  I would like all the ACB
channels but the main menu programme is my primary interest.  If someone
could write to me off list at

David.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx

And take me through it step by step, that would be great.

I have suggested to Wireless for the blind that it would be preferable if
the menus that do not currently speak could be made to do so.  Also, some
kind of battery operation would make the sonata more versatile.

I am generally very happy with it though.  It is not cheap, but it will get
a lot of use so I do not expect to regret this particular purchase.

David