[access-uk] Re: Setting up IMAP using Outlook 2000

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <baisez.marie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:48:36 +0200

what advantages to using imap instead of pop 3 please? explained in simple terms please, thanks, Marie ----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Barrett" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 1:30 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Setting up IMAP using Outlook 2000

Hi Ray,

Glad you are making progress.

I use imap to check and delete spam from the plusnet spam folder.

I try to avoid logging in to their web mail since they leaked all those e-mail
addresses a year or so ago.  (still get lots of spam as a result).

Incidently, I have turned off their blatent spam blocking as some legitamate
e-mails were being removed.

On 4 May 2008 at 11:56, Rays Home wrote:

Kieth, thanks so much for your reply.

I have begun to figure this out now and I'm using Outlook express on my
second machine with Emap successfuly now.  I'm thinking there could be a
firewall issue with the other machine.

All I have to do now is figure out how best to use this IMAP protocol or
facility, or whatever it is.

Cheers,
Ray.