[access-uk] Re: Setting up IMAP using Outlook 2000

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 11:56:41 +0100

Kieth, thanks so much for your reply.

I have begun to figure this out now and I'm using Outlook express on my second machine with Emap successfuly now. I'm thinking there could be a firewall issue with the other machine.

All I have to do now is figure out how best to use this IMAP protocol or facility, or whatever it is.

Cheers,
Ray.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Barrett" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Setting up IMAP using Outlook 2000

Hi Ray,

I do not use a microsoft mail client so cannot help with specifics but, you
need to log in with the servrname imap.plus.net

When you have made a connection, you should see a list of folders which
mimic those on the web mail folders list.

You may need to select the folders section of your mail client as these may
be displayed as extra folders in your folder list.

Sorry about not being more helpful but perhaps this will get you started.

On 3 May 2008 at 17:16, Ray's Home wrote:

Hi.

I've attempted to set up access via IMAP using Outlook 2000.

the instructions for doing this in Outlook 2k seem straight forward, but
I'm getting nowhere fast!  Choosing the IMAP account from Send Receive
nothing happens when I look for messages.  (I know there are messages on
in Plusnet inbox to which I'm trying to connect as I can see them via
webmail.

So what's the deal?  Is there in fact something I need to do on the
Plusnet server side of things?  The Plusnet help pages  don't say as
much.  Mind you, those pages are not all that good as much of the info
is in graphical form.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

From Ray