[access-uk] Re: Recurring Faults in RNIB Overdrive Books?

  • From: Iain Lackie <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:48:37 +0000

A number of faulty books were reported and allegedly all the faulty books were
fixed. I have only had one myself.

Iain

On 30 Jan 2015, at 6:05 pm, John Gurd <j.gurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

I have just had to scrap a book from RNIB OverDrive due to multiple faults.
I reported it to the OverDrive team who checked it and told me it was fine
and advised me to download it again. I've done so and discovered it has
exactly the same issues. It is Pompeii by Mary Beard. Parts have been
mislabelled and so are out of order and at least one Part seems incomplete.
This is the second book I've had where there has been a fault like this.

Has anyone else noticed incomplete or mixed up parts of books? I'm wondering
if it is not a one-off and if there is a more general problem that has
allowed some books to have become corrupted.

Regards

John Gurd