[access-uk] Powerline wireless range extenders

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:11:17 -0000

Hello all,

Has anyone tried any of these powerline Wi-Fi extenders and can give an
opinion? E.g. TP-LINK TL-WPA4220 AV500 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi
Booster/Hotspot with Two Ethernet Ports (Easy Configuration, Wi-Fi Clone for
Smartphone/Tablets/Laptop):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WPA4220-Powerline-Configuration-\Smartphone/dp/B00DEYDF8I/ref=dp_ob_image_ce

A couple of years ago I lived in a flat where I needed a wireless extender.
Though I spent £80 on a good brand wireless booster from PC World it didn’t
actually did the job. The fact remained that the loss of wireless signal was
due to the building itself and not the distance from the rooter. So I wonder if
these powerline extenders are the answer as they don’t rely on connecting the
rooter to the hotspot wirelessly but through your home’s electricity circuit.

People have brought up few wireless range related issues of late on list so I
thought I’d mention these devices...

Hope this is of some interest.

Amro