[access-uk] Re: Powerline wireless range extenders

  • From: "David W Wood" <david.g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 18:49:47 -0000

No, not a good assumption.

Often the sockets on the ground floor are on one ring and those on the upper
floor (or floors) on another.

The number of circuit breakers or fuses on your board will give you an
indication.

If a recent rewire has been carried out, then you may have:
Ring main, lighting, hob, smoke detectors and immersion water heater as a
minimum.

If there are two, some electricians may split the ring between two floors.

ATB

David W Wood