[access-uk] Portable Speakers

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:03:48 -0000

Hi All

A friend has a moderate hearing loss and finds his new RNIB Plextalk book reading machine much quieter than his previous Victor Classic. He is managing but has to have it very close to him.

I'm wondering if a set of portable speakers such as used with iPods and MP3 players would be of any use to him. Of course they would need to have an onboard pre-amp but I understand almost all now do have this installed. Would the speakers amplify the maximum sound from the player or only give the maximum the player is capable of producing?

Roger

What disease did "cured" ham actually have?