[access-uk] Re: Pocket PC screen reader?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 08:14:16 +0100

Hi Barry,

Ah, this is a different animal.  It is not a screen reader at all.  The
Maestron is an ordinary Pocket PC, a Dell Axim in fact, with a special
overlay made, and a few self-voicing applications, including GPS.  This is
by no means a screen reader.  The only two screen readers proper, to my
knowledge, are Pocket Hal, or whatever Dolphin are going to call it, they
haven't decided yet <Grin>, and MobileSpeak Pocket from Code Factory.  If
you install a third party application and try to use it with the Maestro,
and it hasn't been especially scripted, you will get diddly squat!

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk