[access-uk] Please can anybody suggest how I remove the bass?

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:54:35 +0000

Greetings,

Currently, BBC Radio 4 Extra are broadcasting the C. P. snow Strangers and
Brothers serial which was on radio 4 a few years ago when I took it on
minidisk.  I have managed to put the content of disk 1 onto the pc, then the
machine went wrong and I had to use a portable to put the content of disk 2
on the pc.

the problem is the portable has some kind of bass boost and I have not been
able to find out how to switch it off (if, indeed it can be switched off) so
the second disk content is somewhat heavy at the bass end and light at the
hf end.  So, what I wish to do is make the sound from disk 2 equal to disk
1.

The enclosed DropBox link is to a file containing two one minute extracts,
from part 1 which came from the first disk and is as I would like it to
sound, the second piece is from part 6 so please, can anybody tell me in
GoldWave, the settings for what to make the part 6 sound like part 1.

I have tried using the hi-pass / low-pass filter, this does not give the
results I want.  Maybe the equalizer could work, but then, might this be a
tad too viscious?

I will give it a try.

the file name is:
Part of Strangers and Brothers.zip

The download link is:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7644179/Part%20of%20Strangers%20and%20Brothers.zip

Thanks for any assistance.

Colin Howard lives at Park gate near Swanwick in
Hampshire, Southern England.