[access-uk] Re: Nod32 & Jaws

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:31:40 -0000

Hi Andy, I've come across similar instances in the past with anti virus programmes, where they find something but can't remove it, or that it's removed only to reappear. On many occasions it has been because the nasty is in restore data, and, although removed during the scan reappears following reboot of the system. Obviously I couldn't say if this is what is happening in your case, but it's worth bearing in mind. If it is in fact what the problem is then you'd need to flush system restore, by turning it off and rebooting. You could always turn it on again if you really couldn't do without it, but personally I've always found system restore a liability.

                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: "andrew shipp" <andrew.shipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>