[access-uk] Re: PenFriend Update

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:40:52 +0100

Okay, my views on magnetic labels are pretty well the same as my views on
all pen friend labels.

Having used them since the penfriend first appeared, I am definitely of the
opinion that the small round labels, like the size of a 1p coin, are by far
the best.  I do not see any merit in varying shapes as you can say anything
on any shape of label.  Also, using the small ones you might use one at the
top left corner of the packet or tin which could tell you what the item is,
then at the top right corner you may want another one with a use by date.
then you still have two more corners for other labels with ingredients or
recipes or cooking details.  that is probably overdoing it a little, but you
get my idea.  One larger label just gives you less space for other labels
and you cannot use a large label on one of those bag clips because you only
have a small surface on which to stick.  also, you get loads of little
labels on one page, and only half a dozen or so big ones.  I have not had
difficulty in finding small labels with the penfriend, but it could be that
a few people find this a problem.

I have tried magnetic labels on tins but they often slide off, so we do need
to make sure that they attach firmly.

Those are my initial thoughts, but I may well come back with more.

David