[access-uk] Re: NvDA

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:36:20 +0100

Hi Mandy.

All the settings you require can be found by pressing your NVDA key and the letter N for november. your NVDA key will be insert or if you have selected it, your capslock key. Go in to preferences, then general and tick the option that says save configuration on exit. click ok, then go in to the menu, then preferences, then voices to choose your voice. do the same but this time click keyboard to choose your keyboard settings. All this info can also be found in the NVDA documentation, in the help option in the main NVDA menu access as described above. The website also has additional voices for download, please see the link on the downloads page after the first heading for this information.

I hope that helps, if you need any further info please don't hesitate to get in touch.

all the best,

Mo.

On 22/06/2012 21:06, Mandy wrote:
I am using Windows 7 and have installed NVDA and cannot find out how to alter the speech so that when I type I hear just words and not letters -- also, someone had a female voice how do I acquire this? Can it be whichever Microsoft voice I am using?
Mandy.