[access-uk] Re: NEBULA DIGITV FREEVIEW CARD

  • From: "Jim O'Sullivan" <jimos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:07:16 -0000

        Hi

According to their web site:
Nebula Electronics is currently investigating the design of a product that
will allow DigiTV users to access these premium channels if they have a
TopUp
TV smartcard. It will consist of a small box that connects directly into a
USB 2.0 port on your computer and will accept a TopUPTV CAM and smartcard.
The
device will support both the DigiTV PCI and USB versions.

I am disappointed to learn from others on this list that Topup TV does not
carry the Audio Descriptions which are available for some programmes on E4
and UK Gold.

I wonder how they can get away with doing this?  I guess they are not
covered by the  legal requirements to provide Audio Description that applies
to other channels.

Jim