[access-uk] Re: NC10 Backing-Up

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 04:32:53 -0000

Oh right thanks for that. I will give it some thought then. I do not order on-line as I am not good at that type of thing. Would I get that CD drive that you recommend at Maplin or PC World?

I do not mind the notice bothering me if I can get someone to assist me in the next week.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 10:01:2009 3:09 am

Hi.

If you don't have an external cd drive with which to use the recovery disks, then I strongly suggest you backup. On the other hand, if you have one and a helper such as a friend, support worker or the like and an external cd drive, Samsung provide recovery cd media to restore the machine to its boxed setup. If you don't have an external cd drive and you don't make a backup, you will have no easy way of recovering your machine in the event of a software failure as you can't to my knowledge back up to an external hard drive. I don't want to recommend one particular course of action in this case as it could be catastrophic for you. I prefer to give you all the options. Incidentally, if you are looking for a cd drive as an accessory for this laptop which I strongly recommend, the Lite-on slim cd dvd rewritable drive model number ESAU208 comes highly recommended by me. Not only is it a high speed USB powered 24 speed cd drive, it can also write cds and read and write dvd med ia as well. It also features LiteScribe technology to allow you to burn your own labels directly to compatible media. If your interested or would like more info, play.com do this drive for £49.99. Just do a search for the above model number and choose your colour either from glossy white or burgundy red depending on your style. It even comes with a stand so you can stand the drive up on its side to reduce desk space and an AC adaptor so you don't have to draw all drive power from the laptop if your near a plug socket.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: Eleanor Burke