[access-uk] Messed up messenger.

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:27:26 -0400

Hi all,
About a week ago I downloaded MSN Messenger version 7 to check out the new
Window Eyes 5.5 beta. It worked fine and I was happy with that. Then I loaded
Jaws and MSN Messenger 7 didn't work well at all. I uninstalled it and went
to old version and got messenger 6 back again. But when I tried to install it
I was told I had to use a newer version. The options were OK or Cancel. The
new version of course, is msn 7 which is totally useless with Jaws. Now I
know there must be a way to get my msn messenger 6 installed, but I don't
have any idea how to beat Microsoft's, install version 7 or nothing at all
policy.
Has anyone figured it out?

Peter