[access-uk] Re: Messed up messenger.

  • From: "Mary orourke" <mary.orourke6@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:06:18 +0100

You can go back to version 6.2 if you wish by going to www.whitestick.co.uk. The version that tom has on his page is one that you are not asked whether or not you wish to update.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 4:27 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Messed up messenger.

Hi all,
About a week ago I downloaded MSN Messenger version 7 to check out the new
Window Eyes 5.5 beta. It worked fine and I was happy with that. Then I loaded
Jaws and MSN Messenger 7 didn't work well at all. I uninstalled it and went
to old version and got messenger 6 back again. But when I tried to install it
I was told I had to use a newer version. The options were OK or Cancel. The
new version of course, is msn 7 which is totally useless with Jaws. Now I
know there must be a way to get my msn messenger 6 installed, but I don't
have any idea how to beat Microsoft's, install version 7 or nothing at all
policy.
Has anyone figured it out?

Peter