[access-uk] Re: MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - CHECKING SCAN RESULTS

  • From: "Tom" <tlorimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:40:07 -0000

Hi Carol,

To check if MSE found any nasties, Tab to the Home button then arrow right twice to History.
Tab once then arrow down to, All detected items.
If you leave it like this, you should now just Tab between the History button and the All detected items option. If any nasties are found, there will be an extra item on the Tab key with a list of what was found.

Tom.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:21 PM
Subject: [access-uk] MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - CHECKING SCAN RESULTS

Hi all,

I installed Essentials yesterday and am liking its simplicity.

I did a scan when installed but havef no idea what happened to the results of that scan. Can anyone tell me where to find them, please?

Jackie, I followed your comments about updating, going to Microsoft Update and searching for MSE but then got lost in the maze. I've ended up setting for a quick scan each day to ensure I get them until someone can point me to a clear path for updates ... <Smiles>

Thanks to those who recommended it. I like it's simple to use interface and it's running fine on my older desktop computer.

--
Carol P