[access-uk] MCAfee nuicance

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:02:27 -0400

Hi all,
I recently purchased MCAfee. Now, because I send out a lot of emails with a
similar subject line and similar content in the body, MCAfee thinks I am
sending out a possible worm. What it does then is to pop up a window on the
bottom right of my screen where Jaws does not pick it up. It goes unnoticed
for ages. Meanwhile my email will not send. To fix the problem I have to do a
jaws search for the word 'continue', locate it and left click on it to make
that pop up window go away. This is an awful pain in the butt. I've checked
the options within MCAfee, but find no place to stop it doing this, other
than to opt for MCAfee not to scan my email client at all. My question is,
how safe is it to do this, providing I do not ever open attachments.
PS. If you are considering an anti-virus? Don't go for McAfee. Not only does
it offer difficulties like above, its also pretty unfriendly with Jaws.

Peter