[access-uk] Re: Laptop problem

  • From: "Andrew Ireland" <a.emaillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:53:44 +0100

Hi Douglas,

Strange you should mention this problem.  I got a Toshiba Laptop to look at
last week, it was booting to the desktop, however, the system was locking
up.  The keyboard and mouse didn't do anything.  Switch it off at the main
power button and it would boot perfectly next time.  The machine had no
screen reader installed.  I resolved the problem by re-formatting the
system.  I used it for a few days with System Access and had no problems.

Toshiba Laptops usually come with recovery disks, you may need sighted help
to start the process.

HTH.

All the best

--