[access-uk] Re: Jaws

  • From: "Mandy Palmer" <amanda.palmer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:27:36 +0100

-----Original Message-----From: Mandy Palmer
[mailto:amanda.palmer@xxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: 31 August 2004 17:22
To: Jaws user group
Subject: Jaws

Hi there Everyone.

Everyone on the Jaws list I'm sorry I sent it there as well by mistake but
of course I'm not getting the replies!  So if anyone sees this message on
the Jaws list as well, please forward the messages to me on the Access list
I'm sorry to ask a specific Jaws query on this list but as you're all aware
I cannot get on the Jaws list at the moment because of dear Onetel.  I have
just recently downloaded Jaws 5.1.  I left the settings to remain the same
and I always used the indent options because of the work I do, I need to
know how many centimetres in I am on a document etc.  It used to work
perfectly in Jaws 50844 and it used to say, 4 centimetres etc.  Now no
matter if I'm in the middle of the line or the curser is at the beginning of
a ine, it still says 0 centimetres, I can use it but it is irritating.  At
least it gives the 1.27 centimetres when I do a hanging indent thank
goodness, otherwise I would never know if I was in the right place.  Is
there something I can adjust, I don't want to start fiddling and mess it up
more.  Also when we downloaded the Jaws tips file from FS it said in there
that the keystrokes for reading tables in Word had changed but didn't give
the new ones which is also irritating, if it's not broke don't fix it, any
help would be gratefully received until I can get on that list again.

If you would rather write to me off list I don't mind if I am a bit off
topic here.  amanda.palmer@xxxxxxxxxx is the e-mail address, whatever is
applicable

Mandy

** vacation ## d