[access-uk] Re: Internet Radio latest

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:47:31 -0000

Jackie, great news that you'l be doing a review of the talking internet radio.
Your comments made me realise that I've probably not understood how this thing
works, with voice tagging.  I'd sort of assumed there'd be a TTS in there.  this
seems a serious limitation if adding voice tags is only doable by someone
running
a special program or something, or maybe it is done simply by someone hooking
the
thing up to a PC.

I can see why they'd want to settle for human voice identification of stations
if
this unit's aimed at older people, though there are good human sounding voices
these days.  TTS would be so much more flexible and hassel-free though in use.

What I would want is the ability to update myself.  Maybe there is an Orion
model
that does allow for this, but I may contact them to see what the position is
regarding this.  Maybe you are planning to get an answer to this sort of
question?

I don't sub to Brian Hartgen's infotech, but wonder if he's looked at this.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx